Spiketrap is seeking a Director of Business Development, who is expected to lead all sales efforts within his/her assigned territory, including prospect identification, lead generation, sales calls, handling the sales cycle, proposal and contract negotiation through deal closure. The Director of Business Development is expected to meet sales goals established by the VP of Business Development while delivering the highest standard of integrity, quality, and customer service to our clients.
- Generate new leads through networking and prospecting, including cold calling, as well as using marketing and PR activities of the company;
- You will establish, handle, and manage relationships between Spiketrap and senior executives of the client and prospect companies;
- Make sales presentations to customers and prospects at all levels and in a variety of departments (such as Research, Marketing, PR and Community Management) across the gaming, esport and entertainment landscape. Address product uses, benefits, competitive advantages and business terms; facilitate technical follow-up to close sale;
- Target account selling (prospecting/lead generation, qualification and scoping, closing strategies, negotiations, etc.);
- Interface and develop professional relationships with existing clients and prospects throughout the organizational levels;
- Collaborate with Spiketrap’s marketing and product team;
- Coordinate and actively participate in contract negotiations
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of Spiketrap’s solution offerings;
- Maintain a real-time understanding of the competitive landscape to assist in figuring out win-based proposals and pricing;
- Meet or exceed quota expectations;
- Participate in sales planning status meetings.
- At least 4-5 years of recent experience selling SaaS application software and/or DaaS (Data as a Service) solutions
- Experience selling SaaS solutions to Research, Marketing, PR and Community Management departments within gaming, esports, entertainment, ad agencies and Fortune 1000 companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- While this position is remote, our ideal candidate will be located in one of these geographical areas: Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA/Bay Area; New York City, NY