Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Job Overview: Spiketrap is building the future of content analytics. Science, engineering, and the love of a good game are at the core of our business. Our software engineers eat, sleep, and breathe objective and actionable data. This position uses their well-rounded skills to work collaboratively with a highly talented cross-functional small team. A jack of all trades, this position is as comfortable refactoring a react widget, as debating the finer points of optimizing a neural network.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Building and maintaining Spiketrap’s pipes - fetching, storing, crunching, analyzing
- Iterate or experiment with data visualizations to improve the lives of our customers
- Finding signal in the noise processing mountains of data from streams, chats, etc.
- Collaborating on ML challenges to help Spiketrap’s gears spin faster.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Proficiency in modern DBMS, both SQL and noSQL.
- Passionate about best practices in software engineering while not sacrificing time to production.
- Experience in web application development - From solid API design and development to seamless web page implementation.
- Masters or PhD Degree in Computer Science.
- Experience with modern data visualization tools and techniques
- Experience with the applied science of ML and data modeling
- Experience with scaling complex production architectures
- Gaming enthusiast a plus but not necessary
please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this position