Spiketrap is building the future of content analytics. Science, engineering, and the love of a good game are at the core of our business. We eat, sleep, and breathe objective and actionable data. We’re seeking a passionate engineer to work collaboratively with a highly talented cross-functional small team.
All buzzwords aside - we’re looking for a well-rounded engineer who is as excited about video games, big data, and better decision-making as we are. Ideally, you’re a jack of all trades who is as comfortable refactoring a react widget as you are debating the finer points of optimizing a neural network. You’ll have a single-digit employee id, whatever email alias you want, and the ability to help shape Spiketrap culture as we grow.
Stuff You’ll Be Doing
- Building and maintaining Spiketrap’s pipes - fetching, storing, crunching, analyzing.
- Iterate or experiment with data visualizations to improve the lives of our customers.
- Finding signal in the noise - processing mountains of data from streams, chats, etc.
- Collaborating on machine learning challenges to help Spiketrap’s gears spin faster.
- BS in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Proficiency in modern DBMS, both SQL and noSQL.
- Passionate about best practices in software engineering while not sacrificing time to production.
- Experience in web application development - from solid API design and development to seamless web page implementation.
Super Cool If You Have
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science.
- Experience with cutting-edge data visualization tools and techniques
- Experience with the applied science of machine learning and data modeling
- Experience with scaling complex production architectures
- Gaming enthusiast
Ah… And you are automatically in if: You can out-cycle our CTO, have more publications than our CSO, have more followers than our CRO, or can beat our CEO at Rocket League! Jokes aside, if you made it to the end of this description, you are probably a good fit and we should talk!
Contact us: email@example.com